"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Friday, October 19, 2012

September 15, 2012

What a day!
Eric ran his first marathon! 
I was so very proud of him, not only on race day, but for all those Saturday mornings he got up early to train.  I have been astounded at his resiliency and strength when it comes to his running.  His running ability continually impresses me and I consider it to be another one of his talents.

He ran the Top of Utah marathon that finishes in downtown Logan.  My sister-in-law, Laura, who lives in Logan, was an awesome support that day.  She was at the finish line longer than I was, waiting to see him.  I was grateful for her support.  (And from my niece, Maelee, as well!)

That evening, Eric continued his marathon of a day by going to the BYU-Utah football game with me and my family.  It was such a fun, crazy game and a great night to be with my favorite peeps.  Everyone kept making fun of Eric when he had to climb the stadium stairs.  Running a marathon that same day didn't stop him, though.  He was hard core.  So glad to call him my man. 

Love you, Eric! 
I told Abbey to run with her dad at the finish line.  So cute.

Proud of their daddy.

At the park with Aunt Laura and cousin Maelee.

At the park in Logan.  Ava, Maelee, Abbey, and Andi.

Go Utes!

This picture is totally MY DAD.  I had to take it because it's how I'll always picture him as he's watchin' his football games.  Man, I love my dad.

Dad, Lori, and Gabe.

Les and Scott.  U. games are mostly fun for me because I get to hang with my sisters and chat with them.  (A luxury we don't always have in our busy lives!)

Here he is running the marathon, wearing his awesome Bair Gutsman shirt.

1 comment:

  1. What a HUGE accomplishment! Not many people can say they have run 26.2! Great job, Eric!

    ReplyDelete