"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Thursday, October 11, 2012

FLAT tire


One summer morning in August, I went to run some errands with the girls and I found the 4 Runner lopsided in the garage.  We had the worst flat tire I've ever seen. 
Later on in the morning, my parents called.  I told 'em I was homebound for the day, and sure enough, my dad showed up minutes later, ready to change a flat.  No matter what I said, he was bound and determined to get it done so Eric didn't have to do it when he got home from work.  
It was a very typical deed for my dad to perform for me and my family.  But even though his good deeds are frequent, my gratitude does not diminish with time.  He is such a great example of a person who truly cares about others and who knows what it means to put his family first.  I often wonder if he knows how much I truly appreciate him.
I love that my family, Dad included, knows what it means to be loyal and helpful to each other.  One reason I love the Luke family is that we are there for each other and we utilize the gift of each other in our extended family unit.  It is a wonderful blessing to have in life.  I am perhaps one of the few who loves to have her family so tight and close by, but I am proud and grateful that I do. 
This was my favorite moment of the day.  The girls kept him good company while he worked.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment