It has been an eventful week so far:
First off, Abbey and Andi have been taking skiing lessons up at Nordic Valley on Friday afternoons after school. This last week was their second week. I cannot begin to tell you how much I have loved taking them!
 |
| Andi on the conveyer belt, or the "magic carpet" as the instructors call it. This girl has been fearless on the mountain and very "athletic" as a ski instructor once called her. She's sad when her lessons are over and doesn't want to take her skis off. This week she was able to go on the lift a couple of different times. |
 |
| Here's my cute Abbey pulling a funny face as she rides the conveyor belt up the hill. She has become so dang brave and knows how to put on her game face. So proud of the progress she's made. |
 |
| This conveyor belt is beneath this girl's skill level--She's been going on the lift for two weeks now! |
 |
| Ava was invited to a birthday party last Saturday! It was for her friend MaryJane and they went ice skating. |
 |
| Ava with her friends from first grade. |
 |
| Someone discovered that the fan isn't scary! It's kinda' fun, actually :) |
 |
| Flowers from my Valentine |
 |
| Gifts from me to the girls for V-Day |
 |
| Loved this funny sight. Millie was chillin' on the bed like a pro, even though she rarely holds this still enough to relax. She had her bottle, though, so that was the pull. She's so parched!!! |
 |
| Andi and I got to go to her cousin Maggie Jo's baby blessing on Sunday. Maggie is Bethany's third baby and is so beautiful. |
 |
I think Andi's favorite part of the blessing on Sunday was hanging with her Allen cousins and uncles. As she's gotten older, she's shown greater desire to be with them. It's been interesting to watch her as she spends more time with the Allen family. I do not encourage sadness nor do I want impose on her an unnecessary excuse for grief. That said, in our alone time she has demonstrated emotion after spending time with her Allen family. I believe strongly that she has memories of the FEELING of Michael, and I also believe strongly that being around the Allens sparks some familiar emotion inside of her. Sometimes these emotions can be too complicated for her to know how to explain, although it is apparent she feels some sort of loss and sadness.
I have seen this in the other girls as well and it all makes total sense to me that being around certain family members can conjure up such emotion. The trick is to be the parent that offers compassion and empathy and love while also encouraging bravery and gratitude and happiness.
This parenting journey of mine can be very interesting at times. It's a journey that requires a nearly perfect balance of emotion and toughness while also being able to manage your own internal thoughts and heartbreaks. Sometimes easier to do than other times.
I may not have it all together all the time, but this I do know:
Sheri and Michael are often with us.
I have had several experiences the past couple of months that have reminded me of that.
I especially love the feeling of their spirits when we are around their families.
And I am coming to learn more and more that the temple is such a wonderful place to feel of Michael's spirit.
They have not left us. |
 |
| Andi taking pictures of her uncles. |
 |
| Part of Abbey's Valentine she gave to me. Isn't it darling? A mom in her class helped all the kids make them for their parents. |
 |
One of the very best Valentine cards I've ever received.
Eric and I have had and do have some pretty heavy challenges but as time has passed, I have enjoyed the peace and companionship I am finding in him. I love him so dearly and feel so grateful to have found him. |
 |
This girl would not let the chance pass by when allowed to wear sunglasses to school. She's all about the social scene, this lady!
Smokin' hot! |
 |
No comments:
Post a Comment