"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Saturday, April 25, 2015

February 2015

February came and went quickly, characterized by a very fatigued Lisa, adjusting to new and old routines with a newborn, and an obsolete winter.   Amelia was born during a very mild winter so she's only seen snow but a few times still.

This is Harry with his bear.  This bear used to be my bear when I was little but I let Harry have it when he was a puppy because he loved it so much.  Here he is licking his little friend.  He loves his bear.

My Harry has a big heart.

Here he is cuddling his stuffed monkey while trying to withstand the long days without attention and a crying baby.

This month I discovered the great need amongst the girls for some extra individual time.  Here Andi and I are, making her Dad's famous chocolate chip cookies for Superbowl...A Luke/Allen tradition.


Superbowl Sunday spent at Grandma Luke's

Here she is, folks...One month old.  Not quite a smiler yet.

Ava helping me take pictures during one of our mornings at home before her afternoon kindergarten.

Grandma shops for nothing but the best clothes for her grand babies.  Baby Gap, no less.

A picture Andi's teacher sent me.

Chillin' on our bed

This is Harry's second newborn.  He is good at babies.

A great sunset captured by Eric during one of his runs.  Just goes to show you what this winter has been like.

Smiles are starting to appear....

Getting haircuts after school.

Enjoying some fun Valentine's Day cards from Grandpa Ron and Grandma Joann

The morning of Valentine's Day, in front of the school.

The girls made their own V-Day boxes entirely by themselves this year (whether they liked it or not!)
They did well, though, I thought.

Love this.  The look on Andi's face reminds me of her Daddy Michael.

Eric has learned that "no Valentine's Day shall pass without flowers and a card."  He nailed it.


Showing off a picture of her with Grandma Cathi.

My awesome gifts to Eric on V-Day, and Abbey's creative "half" card she made for him (the other half was for me and it completed the heart-shape.  Clever, huh?)

Ava's Valentine's Day gifts from me

Abbey's gifts

Andi's gifts

Grandma Cathi had the girls over at her house on Valentine's Day.  They made sugar cookies and got balloons!  This grandma sure knows how to make them happy.


A heart-shaped pizza just for V-Day

Part of a card Ava gave me for Valentine's Day.  It's me and her.  Isn't it darling?

The smiles are here!

When she smiles, her whole face lights up.


An example of all the cute pictures and cards the girls are constantly making for their new baby sister.  I display them on her dresser, and sometimes there just isn't room for them all!

My mom helped me by getting Millie's blessing dress.  I told her I didn't have time, so she went on a mission.  She sent me pictures of my options, I chose this one, and she brought it to me.  All in the same afternoon. A perfect illustration of how incredibly helpful she's been to me during this busy time.  Isn't it pretty?

My sister Bethany never forgets the big days. Yet another Valentine's Day with one of her pretty arrangements to admire.

Enjoying another Sunday dinner at Grandma Luke's.

This is a card Andi made at school for my mom.  She secretly brought it to my mom's one day and put it on her bed.  I didn't even know she did it.  It says I love you on it and it says, "From ?"
She loves her grandma.

Abbey playing the piano with Gabe!  Uncle Gabe is a great pianist so when he sat down to play along in "duet" style with her, she was a little surprised.  But they did well together!  Love it.  Love my family.


Cousin time at Grandma Luke's


At Abbey's piano recital


She did such a nice job that evening.
It was her very first piano recital after almost a year and a half of lessons.  (Her first teacher didn't have them.)

You can tell by the look on her face that she really likes piano.  She's really good at it and even memorizes songs without a problem.  (More than I could ever do!)

Enjoying a girls' night out! I took them to Harmon's to get dinner and then we went to Aunt Lori's to celebrate cousin Chase's birthday.

Enjoying his dog-niece who stayed with us for a week or two while James and Wendi went on a cruise.

Love these morning smiles I get from her.  She melts me.

Harry begging for food. Such a daily occurance that I thought it should be recorded.

After the bath.  (Seriously!...Look at that cuteness!)

Abbey helped me make lasagna one evening.  She likes to cook and seems even more in need of individual time lately.  New babies can do that to ya'.


This is what Harry does come 9 o'clock each evening.  He wants to be let out so he can then come in and get his nightly treat.  :)

Abbey had a birthday party at her friend's house and came home with this!  Anna and Elsa came to visit the party.

Abbey and Ava playing in our very large snowblower box with their friends Allyson and MaryJane.

My beautiful niece Lydia is so sweet with Millie

Eric enjoying a final Utah basketball game of the season with my dad, Gabe, and Scott. 

Another rollerblading outing




A short month but one that felt quite long as I felt like a walking zombie....
I made it through, though, trying to enjoy each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment