"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Thursday, April 2, 2015

The Books I Read This Year

At the beginning of 2014, I made one goal:  to read more.
I'm happy to report at the end of the year that I did in fact read more books than I had in a while.
The latter part of the year was busy due to our baby preparations, so I didn't read as much then. However, those first six months were indeed full of some good reading.
I love books because they have the ability to change you forever.  They change your perspective, offer alternate and additional meanings in life, and they tell a story you'll never forget.  And to be truthful, I went through some low times this year and these books really kept me going and gave me something else to think about.  And because I don't want to forget them, I'm writing down what I read:

1)  The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society
2)  The Rent Collector
3)  Crossing to Safety
4)  An American Heiress

Loved each of these for different reasons, and I'd recommend each of them for different reasons as well.
I know I read more but I can't remember them right now, so at least I'm writing down the ones most memorable.


No comments:

Post a Comment