My brother-in-law Daniel is an arborist now and his Christmas present to me was to trim our trees.
Here's Daniel getting the work done with Eric as his right-hand man.
I cannot thank Daniel enough for the work he did. We have a beautiful yard with lovely trees but I may have taken a "bigger bite than I can chew," so to speak, when we bought this house we love with its high-maintenance yard.
Daniel continues to show loyalty to me and I appreciate him so much.
So proud of all he's doing with his life.
A new Sunday afternoon tradition: Minecraft with Dad.
Ever since Millie was born, Eric has been even more diligent about spending time with the girls. This is one example. I love and appreciate his constant dedication. The girls each need him a lot, in their own different ways.
My darling nephew Chase (now 7!) holding his new cousin Millie during a Sunday gathering at Grandma Luke's.
It was Dr. Seuss week at school and on this particular day they could come with crazy "Who-Ville" hair. I did my best. It's definitely got the crazy factor. Andi loves this stuff and loves getting involved with all the activities at school.
Our sweet Abbey holding her sister after her shower one night.
While I know it's been hard on her having to be more independent lately, I am so very proud of her because I know I can trust her to do what I ask. She's very "with it," mindful, and responsible. I don't know that I could ask for a better oldest child for our family. What a terrific example she is to her sisters.
Here she is Ladies and Gents...Two months old!
The googly-eyed ones just kill me. Hilarious!
Definitely still has that newborn look.
My Harry being a good big brother. My two pals while I work in the office...a rare and precious activity these days.
My girl loves her Daddy Eric.
Harry's birthday! March 5th, 2015. He's now 9 years old.
We put a candle in a pork chop and sang to him.
He couldn't have been more thrilled.
My little buddy is getting older. He's definitely slowing down more lately and that makes me sad.
He's still my loyal friend, though, and he's a part of our family.
He's been by my side through thick and thin.
My mom is the baby whisperer. I'm so happy to see her enjoying her last grandchild and I'm so glad she's here to enjoy her.
Getting used to tummy time.
I get the best smiles from this woman.
Andi having a playdate with her good friend from school, Andrea. Coincidentally, Andrea goes by the name "Andi" too. Here they are in some fun dress ups.
Abbey having a playdate with her good friend Anna. These two are a lot alike. Smart, responsible, cute girls. (I may be partial, I realize, but still...)
Andi and I having some one-on-one time. Making some creamy enchiladas.
The two babies of the family these days: Bo and Millie
Lori's birthday celebration. She's 38....I can't believe it.
Coming in and looking at her sleep in her bassinet is such a precious thing. I've often wanted to crawl in there with her.
This bum is so dang cute. Can't get enough of it.
One afternoon I checked Abbey out of school and she, Millie, and I went to Robintino's for lunch and then went shopping. Abbey in particular has shown a need for some individual time these days. The experience of adding Millie to our family has increased her awareness of our family situation and I think has also increased some trepidation in some ways. Good opportunities for us to talk about the things that are close to our heart and an opportunity to come closer and establish our own relationship. I'll be honest in saying that it's been overwhelming to have so many needs to address these days between all the girls...especially while running off little sleep and energy.
But...We're all growing a lot and coming closer together.
Eric and Abbey went to a Jazz game one night this month. Eric got tickets through his work so it seemed to make sense for him to take Abbey.
They went to Crown Burger first, of course....an Eric fave.
Walking on the temple grounds before the game. What a good daddy.
We had the cousins over to celebrate Harry's birthday.
Grandma even let her dogs come over to help celebrate the day.
Look at these girls having fun.
Presents!
Growing so much already.
Her sisters are always making things for her.
A very big part of my life these days is doing homework with this sweet girl of mine.
First grade has pushed her in many ways.
Going to school all day, every day, has been hard on this cute baby of mine.
Homework every night has been equally challenging.
But she counters her struggles with much passion and energy, just like her daddy Michael.
I have appreciated that Eric has started to do homework with Abbey and Ava each night so I can focus on helping Andi and taking care of the baby.
My mom has also been taking Andi to her house twice a week for "reading sessions." I am so grateful for all the help I've been getting to help Andi grow and progress.
Abbey is in heaven! Her Grandma Zimmerman took the girls for an afternoon to an art studio in Ogden and they had so much fun!
Ava loves this treasure box she made. She's played with it constantly since then.
They were all so excited to have this opportunity to be creative. They all have a creative drive.
Eric, Abbey, and Ava went to lunch with Grandma Janet and Uncle Doug one Saturday afternoon.
The day Daniel was trimming my trees. Look at him go.
While Daniel worked, his daughter Maelee got to be with Andi for a while.
It's a rare opportunity they have to be together.
I see so much resemblance in the two.
Well, folks, the bassinet days are over and we're on to the crib.
Eric and his brother Doug put it up for me. Now her room looks a little more put together.
Fun to see Andi and Ava's old crib again.
Andi earned herself her own sewing machine. It's a kid's one, so it sews very simply, but it's been a fun gadget for her and I'm proud of her for exhibiting enough patience to earn it.
Cousin Lydia with Millie.
Is that the best smile or what?!
Lydia is so good to her. I love it.
Millie with Aunt Leslie
The beginning of the thumb sucking.
I can't say it makes me terribly happy since I'll one day have to wean her of the habit, but it's been admittedly fun to watch her develop her own little tendencies and personality. And boy does she love her thumb! (Her left one, might I add.)
Girls Night Out at the Centerville Centerpoint Theater.
I HAD to take them since it was "Shrek the Musical"
....Andi watched the broadway version of this on Netflix and would speak of nothing else for several months straight. When I saw it was playing in Centerville, I knew we had to go.
Author's Night at Farmington Elementary.
Each student in every class writes a book and then gets to display his or her work during "Author's Night" for the parents to see. On the same night, they had a "beach party" in the gym for the kids, so that's why they have sunglasses and shorts on. :)
Eric took the girls while I stayed with the baby.
Here they are in Ava's classroom.
Ava with the book she wrote all by herself.
Off to Andi's class....
Here's Andi the Goofball showing off her book.
Andi actually worked very hard on this book. Most kids finished theirs at school but I had to help Andi finish hers at home because there was so much she wanted to put in her story.
This is Eric holding Abbey's book. The first page says, "Dedicated to my mom and Dad." He's pointing to his own picture. Isn't that darling?!
Abbey showing her work.
Dancin at the "beach party."
Eric waiting while the girls partied. He obviously got a little bored. I received this picture in a text message.
One handsome dude.
Easter fun for Andi's class.
Her teacher will often send these cute pictures to the parents.
More bathtime cuteness.
Here's Eric modeling his new suit. Lydia tended for us one evening while Eric and Millie and I went to get him a suit for Millie's upcoming blessing. My man has really trimmed up as of late and needed a good suit to match his slender bod.
The day of Carter's baptism.
Here's my Grandpa Royce with my mom, Millie, and his wife Nadene.
Three generations! So neat.
First time Grandpa met Millie.
This girl is getting to know her Grandma Luke pretty well now. She offers Grandma some of her best smiles.
So much fun with the cousins at Leslie's house for Carter's baptism.
My beautiful sister Leslie with her very handsome little Bowen.
Grandpa Luke with cousin Luke.
More grandma time.
Above: An easter egg hunt at Grandma Cathi's--hosted by Cathi and Ron and Joann.
They include my girls so well and spoil them rotten.
Can't be more grateful for such caring, involved grandparents.
Here she is in her "magic machine," as I like to call it.
This baby swing has gotten us through many a long evening while we had dinners and homework and baths to perform. She is such a good girl, this lady.
She smiles each time I put her in this swing.
(Thanks to G&G Luke for bringing this swing over during an evening of total frazzlement. Our own swing was the pits so they gave their old one to us...It's truly been magic! Another testament of their help in my life these days...)
Andi made this at school and I had to hang it up.
It says, "I'm lucky because I have a new dad when my dad died."
Luck 'o the Irish....?
I don't think so....
Thanks be to my Father in Heaven for Eric.
Our path together has had some serious difficulties....especially during the first couple of years...but we've made it this far and it's getting better and better.
Feeling more grateful than ever to have Eric.
A card Abbey made Amelia on her blessing day. Can it be any better?!
Ava drew this picture for Millie. I think the circle is supposed to be Millie in my tummy. Darling :)
The first page of Andi's book she wrote at school.
"Dedicated to my Gradma and my Grandpa I love you"
Looking at this makes me cry.
My parents are her other parents and have been ever since Michael died.
One night I shared with the girls one of my most cherished childhood indulgences..."I Love Lucy." Here's Lucy doing her "Vitameatavegamin" commercial. My favorite episode.
I think I was waiting for the day I could share these kinds of favorites with my daughters. :)
In addition to the pictures from the month, here are some snippets from some emails I wrote to family during this month. Gives a good idea of what's been going on....
Like I said, we're all keeping afloat just
fine around here. God seemed eager to bless us with Millie and I feel
like I'm already very much seeing the reasons why. She has been very good
for this second marriage of mine and she's also tying each of
us together more closely. She's such a gift.
On the more negative side of things, if I
get mastitis one more time I'm going to die. :) I've only gotten it
twice but it's seriously one of the worst illnesses I've had. And I don't
consider myself to be a baby. But who does, I guess.
Like I mentioned before, the girls seem to be
handling this new addition quite well. As long as I can keep myself going
and going and giving and giving just like the energizer bunny without ever
stopping then everyone seems to be great. :) While I very much
realize that each kid out there needs plenty of love and attention, I'm quite
convinced our girls are more needy than most. (I'm laughing as I type
this 'cuz I know every parent would probably say the same thing.)
Ah, the joys.
But clearly if these are my biggest problems
then we're all doing very well.
I'm glad you got that video of Andi a few
weeks ago. She's growing a lot. She went on a field trip today to
the Gateway Children's Museum in Salt Lake. I'll attach a few photos of
the day. She has such an awesome teacher that takes pictures of their
days and then emails them to us parents when she can. I've gotten the
cutest pictures of her at school. The pictures I'm sending from today are
two of my faves: One of her pretending to be a "KSL" anchor and
another one of her getting ready to watch a 3D movie at the Clark
Planetarium. She was SO excited for her field trip today...That is all
she's been talking about for a week now. She even got ready early this morning
because she was so excited (a real feat for the woman we call "Slow
Poke" around here! :))
Speaking of animals, my little Harry misses
you. He told me. He's snoring very loudly right now here on the
bed. The first month after the baby came was a little rough for
him but I feel like he's getting more acclimated... and so am I,
which means I'm giving him more attention lately...something I can tell he
appreciates. He's sure getting older, though. He fell off the
bed the other night and he's been limping around ever since.
I have had some good, promising days the
past while that have reassured me that perhaps I can indeed manage four
children. Those good days have been equally balanced out by the
overwhelming ones. :) But we're making it, one day at a time.
If there's anything I think I'm learning (time and time again!), it's that I
need to simplify my life and make SURE I'm getting enough rest. If not, I
usually end up paying one way or another. I've gotten mastitis twice
within the past few weeks and can I just say that it's MISERABLE!!! I
endured plenty of uncomfortable sicknesses in my life, but mastitis is right up
at the top of the list as one of the worst. Our new little Millie is so
worth it, though. I can't WAIT for you to meet her. She is truly a
little gift...so sweet and adorable. A really, really good baby so
far. Knock on wood, but for the last couple of weeks she's been
sleeping from 10 to 6 each night. Awesome, huh?!
This Plan B is certainly challenging, but the Lord sure has blessed me with some pretty
amazing things along this crazy journey. This baby girl is
definitely one of them. :)



























































































No comments:
Post a Comment