"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Saturday, April 30, 2016

April 30, 2016


Last Sunday evening we put Millie on the bed with us and she was super crazy funny!  




If you look closely at the above three pictures, you'll see that Abbey scored nearly 100% on her "AIM" certification test that she took a couple of weeks ago.  AIM=Achievement In Music.  It's a program Abbey's piano teacher has encouraged her to get involved with, and so far, it's certainly been a good fit.  In order to pass these certification tests, she has to perform several different pieces that show technique and memorization.  She performs for judges.  She also has to do sight-reading tests and take other assessments that measure her musical ability.  So proud of her!

Chillin' while we worked on homework with the girls.

This spring has been particularly up and down when it comes to weather.  Last week we couldn't stand it anymore and had to turn on the A/C.  This week we couldn't stand it anymore and had to turn on the fire.  


Some more of Abbey's awesome work.  This was from school.  

Breakfast!



"Baking" with Andi.  She loves to "stir."  


On this particular evening, Millie found out that it was really fun pushing Andi around in a circle while Andi sat comfortably in Eric's office chair.
As you can see, WALKING is happening.  
MILLIE TOOK HER FIRST STEPS THIS WEEK!  And with each passing day, she is walking more and more.  
Millie is also saying "Hi!" a lot this week.
Oh, it's so fun.

My lame bulletin board that I had to do for teacher appreciation week.  I volunteered to do it but was then assigned a theme.  I'm not the craftiest person out there, but I had a good buddy to help me.  Regardless, it got done.



We went to Grandma's and played in the backyard on Friday afternoon.  Millie enjoyed swinging with her sisters and even liked a little fun down the slide.  


This morning I discovered a bird's nest in my front door wreath.  Not knowing it had babies in it, I removed the nest (bird poop was all over my front door.)  Once I discovered the babies, I was just sick about it.  I could see their mom looking for them.  I tried everything, trying to get the mom to tend to them.  I couldn't stand seeing those tiny eyes looking up and blinking at me.  
Finally Eric helped me put the nest in a nearby tree.  

It was an upsetting experience and reminded me of so many things.
One, the idea of a mom being torn from her babies is enough to make me want to freaking die.  I can't stand the thought of it all.  Another of many reminders that I have some little babies in my care that were also torn from their mom.  I often feel overwhelmed by the hurt and responsibility of it all.

Two, sometimes we have to just do what we can do and then let go.  
I was upset to the point of tears when I had to let Eric put those birds in the tree, not knowing if they'll ever make it through the night.  
"Therefore, let your hearts be comforted...for all flesh is in my hands; be still and know that I am God." D&C 101:16

A Saturday morning walk revealed another funeral at the cemetery.  I cannot say enough how much I love living next to the cemetery.  Even though the frequent funeral gatherings bring reminders of somberness and difficult feelings, they also bring a sacred spirit that constantly remind me of the eternal perspective.  

Last thought for the week.  After the zillionth visiting teaching visit this last week, the month's message eventually got through to me...enough that I remember some of it and want to share.  The part that has spoke to me is this:  

“Your Father in Heaven knows your name and knows your circumstance,” said Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. “He hears your prayers. He knows your hopes and dreams, including your fears and frustrations.”3


“We each belong to and are needed in the family of God,” said Sister Stephens. “Earthly families all look different. And while we do the best we can to create strong traditional families, membership in the family of God is not contingent upon any kind of status—marital status, parental status, financial status, social status, or even the kind of status we post on social media.”4

Both quotes are good things to me to hear and are challenges to remember...particularly that last one.  Basic truths that can be so profound and helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment