"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Sunday, February 10, 2013

Anniversary #1

Alright, folks, we made it to anniversary #1.  I realize this may sound a bit morbid and cynical, but my brain has been trained to wonder how many anniversaries we will have before someone dies.  :)
Okay, maybe that isn't funny to the rest of y'all, but these are the kind of conversations that at least Eric and I can humor each other with.

Regardless, it was a nice day.  We spent a good chunk of it at the Salt Lake temple, which was nice.  I realize the Salt Lake temple is pretty much the symbol of my religion, but I haven't spent much time there.  I've spent much more time in the Ogden, Mesa, and Bountiful temples.  And a little in the St. George one, I guess.  Therefore, it was a a new experience for me.  The history of that temple intrigues me, for sure, along with its beauty.

 
Doesn't Eric look good in a tie?  We went to Crown Burger afterwards, and...(drumroll...)..HOME DEPOT!  Yes, we lead an exciting life.  But believe it or not, it was fun.  I got to pick out tile for my upcoming backsplash. :)
 
 
Always happy to get flowers.  Eric's learned that quickly.  He's a good man, my Eric.  :)

In return, I got him a rack to hang his running medals, and I also got him some clothes. 
 
 
 
It was a good day, especially considering what that day represented....We made it through the first year of blending a family.  Now THAT is an accomplishment, if I do say so myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment