"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Sunday, February 10, 2013

31

I'm just at the beginning of my thirties, and perhaps I should say that I feel like I'm still in my 20's, but I don't.  31 is just about right.  And I'm glad my 20's are over. 

It was a great birthday, thanks to friends and family who made such a point of giving me well wishes.  Very grateful for that.

Eric made me my FAVE cupcakes!--Red velvet, mm-mmm.

He also made me these awesome gift certificates.  Yep, he drew it all himself.  Not only are they funny, and oh-so appropriate (back rubs are A#1 to me), but his method of delivery was pretty funny too.  On the morning of my birthday, I found these cards strewn just about EVERYWHERE around the house (drawers, cupboards, etc.) and even in my car.  Made me laugh.  :)

On the evening of my birthday, I came home to these beautiful flowers, thanks to my sister-in-law, Bethany.  She makes such beautiful arrangements, and she never forgets how much I love flowers.  Nor does she ever let an important day pass without a kind gesture.  I have appreciated her so very much these last few years.
I also got so many wonderful cards from people.  My mother-in-law Cathi bought me such a meaningful gift, my sister Lori brought me my favorite treat and a new tool for when I make bread, and Eric took me to dinner.  He also took me to a movie I've been waiting to see:  "Lincoln."  Loved it.  I really did love it.  I love American history and what it can teach us.

My mom took my sisters and pre-schooler kids out to lunch on my b-day (Robintino's--a family fave.)

Here's Mom with Andi and all the kids in the background.  Love my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment