Some pictures of our last month of Summer:
Bear Lake:
She didn't like the beach, even after a summer of enjoying swimming in pools :(
Millie playing with cousin Bo (she calls him "Bo Bo"):
A bunch of the Luke cousins dancing and playing with Grandma Luke on the deck of the cabin:
Enjoying some home time after our Bear Lake trip:
Putting lotion on her face:
Millie enjoying being entertained by her sisters:
Bo and Millie playing with Grandpa Luke:
Millie decided that Abbey's red marker made good lipstick:
My good helper during dinnertime:
One evening after dinner (Eric was gone to scout camp so I was especially tired that week!):
Andi's baptism dress: (the preparations have begun!)
I took this on our deck one night. I feel so spoiled being able to see the sunsets each night:
My all-time favorite pics of this crazy Millie lady:
If you ever wonder what it's like living with four little girls, here's a good illustration of what goes on--Here's Abbey performing a "wedding ceremony" so Andi and Harry can get marrried:
Andi's birthday wish list. Someday I'll miss this cute writing:
Here's Ava at karate. On this particular day, she happened to be the only one in class, so she got a lot of good one-on-one attention. She thrived and did very well that day!
Andi's birthday party invitation:
Eric taking pictures of Andi at the Lagoon trail for her baptism invitations:
The two baldies in our family:
Andi got a special visit for her birthday from some of her Allen family. (Grandma Cathi, Aunt Bethany, and Bethany's girls.)
They gave her a porcelain doll and she was thrilled.
A precious card Andi got from Eric for her birthday:
Andi's birthday:
Her big new present--a new bike. I picked this one out myself and knew it was the "one" when I saw it. :) :
It was a little hard maneuvering such a big bike at first, but she got it down quickly.
More birthday pics from Andi's party at Grandma Luke's--Her birthday is the day after her Uncle Scott's so we had a celebration for them both:
Our ward party at the Farmington pool was the night of Andi's birthday.
The bishop insisted that the ward sing happy birthday to her.
She was so embarrassed, but it was so cute and fun.
Abbey and Andi did the high dive multiple times that night. Our girls are getting so big and brave!
Abbey and Ava got to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman for a couple of days.
They thoroughly enjoyed themselves:
Andi's friend birthday party:
More pictures of the girls at Grandma Zimmerman's:
Andi's swim birthday party with her friends. Here she is doing a "cartwheel" dive:
Our kind neighbor offered her fun pool for us to use
My niece Lydia (age 15) came to help me handle all the girls at Andi's birthday party.
Here she is playing with a couple of them.
Love her!
More pictures from the girls stay with Grandma Zimmerman:
Abbey and Ava with their cousins June and Isaac:
Pictures from Andi's Cinderella play that she performed in:
She did such a great job with this play. She had rehearsals for three weeks at the Children's Spotlight Theater. They performed two nights in a row and was a mouse, as you can see above. Eric and I went to see her opening night and my parents saw her the second night. It was so fun seeing her do what she loves.
Breakfast. Done.
The week before school started, we stuck to tradition and went to the school to see where their new classrooms are.
Andi will be in third grade--Mrs. Lauritzen.
Ava will be in second grade--Mrs. Soelberg.
Abbey will be in fifth grade--Mrs. Denkers.
Ava lost her first front tooth!
There is nothing Millie loves more than to play downstairs with her sisters.
Andi is super good at letting her play with her in her room.
Here it is, folks! Her second front tooth is out on the first morning of school!
THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL 2016:
After the girls left for school, the empty toy room tugged at my heart strings:
Harry after the girls left for school. Looking for his ladies:
Millie back with her sisters.
Enjoying some piano with Andi:
Millie and I get to tend my nephew Bo on Fridays now.
Here they are getting ready for a walk to see the work trucks down our hill:
Andi, Millie, and I visited Grandma Cathi last week as she was packing up her home before moving in with Aunt Bethany.
The last time we'll see Cathi at home in her beloved Kaysville.
Many memories with the Allen family in that town:
The last few Saturdays Eric and I have been working hard in the yard. The Relief Society asked to use our yard this week for a big gathering.
Here's Eric putting in a new railroad tie on our side steps.
I asked him to do it at noon, he had it in by three. Impressive.
I know he'll be mad at me for these pictures, but I want to put it in here so you can see the new step. :)
Grandma Cathi gave us new (to us) dress ups. The girls have been having such a ball with them:
Even Millie has liked the jewelry:
This facial expression is ERIC. He does this face all the time!
Andi's baptism invitation and pictures:
A few thoughts for the month:
Lately this scripture has come to mind a lot:
"And whoso receiveth you, there will I be also, for I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, and my Spirit shall be in your hearts, and mine angels round about you, to bear you up." --D&C 84:88
I have hoped and prayed to have such experiences. I feel like the older I get, the more reliant I become on my Heavenly Father. I know I need Him with me to "go before my face" and to be on my "right hand and on my left."
As a widow, as a stepmother, and as a wife and mother, I've had plenty of times of feeling totally alone or misunderstood. This scripture has given me comfort, knowing my Heavenly Father can be with me, by my side, understanding me and fighting for me, in spite of my imperfections.
Also lately, I have been struggling with a grueling decision-making process.
Just last night I read a quote by President Hinckley that offered some comfort in this regard:
"Sometimes you pray to the Lord with great earnestness for help, for relief from your struggles. You wonder why your prayers are not answered as you would like them to be. We have all had that experience. But we come to know as the years pass that our Father in Heaven does hear our prayers. His wisdom is greater than ours, and we come to know that He answers our prayers even though the answers at times are difficult to discern."
I know my posts are cheesy and laced with a million pictures no one cares about as much as me. But I love expressing, even in this small way, the things that I love and that make me happy.
I love my children so much. I love being a mother. It is truly one of the hardest jobs I've ever had, but I love it with all my heart. I love inspiring words--Words that help you stay connected to deity.
These are the things that make me happy. :)
I know my posts are cheesy and laced with a million pictures no one cares about as much as me. But I love expressing, even in this small way, the things that I love and that make me happy.
I love my children so much. I love being a mother. It is truly one of the hardest jobs I've ever had, but I love it with all my heart. I love inspiring words--Words that help you stay connected to deity.
These are the things that make me happy. :)



















































































































No comments:
Post a Comment