"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Millie June is 6 months old!

I've been meaning to write down a few notes and scan in some pictures about Millie's life so far.  First of all:

Here's her darling little feet when she was born.

And here is the totally awesome book that Eric and the girls wrote and illustrated for my 33rd birthday...Just weeks after Millie was born:

This is the cover.  It was scanned in weird but it says, "Astonishingly Adorable Amelia."

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

Page 6

Page 7

Page 8


Page 9

I couldn't have asked for a better birthday gift, nor could I have told the story better.  

Some notes to remember:
1.  So far Millie his bright blue eyes....just like her dad.
2.  I think a good word for her would be "observer."  She's good at just sitting there, taking it all in. She stares at people's faces for a long time...especially when it's someone new (or if they have facial hair.:))
3.  She has a smile that lights up her whole face.
4.  The winter she was born in was totally mild. She only saw snow but a few times this year.
5.  She'll often hold tightly onto my shirt as if she were holding on for dear life--especially when I'm trying to lower her into the tub.
6.  At the end of March, she started making sounds and "talking" in her own way.
7.  She loves to suck her thumb.  (I can't say I'm too thrilled about that, as cute as it is.)  
8.  She's also developed a liking to holding on to a blankie (or her mom's hair) while she sucks on her thumb of the same hand.  
9.  She had a "crusty" forehead for the first few months of her life.  The skin she developed in the womb was having a hard time shedding.  Eric kept picking at it trying to get it off.  :) I finally     found a brush that solved the problem. 
10.She's a sensitive soul.  She cries if I get cross with the girls.  She cries if Eric teases her in any     way.  She cries if any of us are too loud.  She'll often cry in primary if they're too loud. She cries if any other kid around her cries.
One night when Eric was playing with her, he pretended to start eating her foot.  She started to cry because it scared her.  And guess who came right up and placed himself between Eric and Millie? My Harry.  Harry was protecting her.  :)  He stayed right there too and wouldn't let Eric touch her.
11.Sometimes I feel like when I'm talking to her, she knows exactly what I'm saying.  She "listens" to me and again, seems to observe the details.
12.She loves kisses, cuddling, and affection.  She's gotten so that she's quite affectionate in return.  She loves to "kiss" your chin and face (she puts her open mouth on your face and just sucks on you....It's adorable.)
13.Her favorite people include her sisters, her dad, me, and Grandma.  Harry is also included on that list even though he likes to lick her....She doesn't seem to mind.  (gross)
14.  At around 5 weeks, Millie started sleeping through the night and hasn't stopped since then.  She often sleeps from 9 to 6, and sometimes even 9 to 9.  I have not complained.  It's been amazing.  
15.  She's flexible!  She loves to pull her feet up to her mouth and suck on them!  Her doctor even noticed and commented on her flexibility, saying maybe she'll be a gymnast.  :)

It has been fun trying to figure out where Millie gets her looks.
Even though I know every parent wants their kid to look like them, I really felt at the beginning that she had a lot of me in her....More than Andi ever did.  I still think that is true (especially when looking at my baby pictures), but of course, as time has gone on, it's also become clear that Millie has Klein in her as well.
Let me show you:

Here's a few pictures of Abbey when she was a baby.


Here's Andi


 
And some pictures of me 



Then Millie.
If you have a minute to compare, it's kinda' cool...She's a good mix of all of us.
(I'd put some of Eric's baby pictures on here but I have yet to locate them, so this will suffice for now.)  


I found the following poem in Michael's things.  He loved this poet.  I thought it captured my thoughts and feelings so well regarding the birth of our sweet Millie.
This rings so true for me...Having sweet Millie has taught me this lesson--that our joys and sorrows often work hand in hand.
I have felt my joy in having Millie has been so much greater because of  the great sorrow I've also experienced--"...the selfsame well from which your laughter rises was oftentimes filled with your tears."
In other words, we can have greater joys in life because of the sometimes awful adversity we have to go through.  Those sorrows can deepen our souls and make our souls greater wells for joy and happiness.  ("can" being the key word there)
So grateful to my God who is as eager to fill my soul with joy after allowing my soul to deepen because of my sorrow.



One more thing--A little collage to illustrate our sweet Millie's growth from birth to now.
Happy half birthday, Baby Girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment