"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Saturday, June 27, 2015

To Eric...

It was Father's Day more than a week ago but I still wanted to write a little note of tribute on here about Eric.
So Eric, know this:

I know you have had to do things as a father that many fathers haven't had to.
I know your journey has not always been easy.
I know our journey together hasn't always been easy.

But....

I think you are a good dad, and I am grateful for how much you've helped me this last year.

You've really stepped up as a husband and father since Millie became a reality.   You help me so much in our daily lives:  You are reliable at work and make a good living which in turn creates much security and peace at home.  You now do homework with Abbey and Ava on school nights, and you now give Ava baths.  You help with dinner when you can, you read scriptures with the girls at night, you tuck the big girls in...each one by one...every single night.  You watch the girls so I can go run errands.  You change poopy diapers (Millie seems to like saving those just for you.)  You help out a lot with the girls on Sundays...You keep track of them at church, you make them lunch when we get home, you entertain them on Sunday afternoons.
You play Minecraft and tennis with them.  You take them to Lagoon and to feed ducks at the park.
The list goes on and I am so very grateful,  'cuz here's the thing:

There was a day when I looked long and hard at Andi's dad's casket and had to face the harsh reality that my girl could possibly never have a dad to help raise her, teach her, play with her, hug her, and love her.  Of all people, I know it's you that can understand the excruciating pain that can accompany those awful moments.
In addition, I've also spent some good time trying to swallow the reality that my motherhood began and ended with Andi.  Not a terrible thing; regardless, a difficult fact at times.  I don't think it was until I saw Millie's face that I realized how hurtful it was to face that reality day in and day out.  Now that she's here, my my heart feels soothed.  My soul seems lighter.

My favorite latest story that illlustrates this point well was when, after you returned from a couple days' absence after Youth Conference, Andi came up to you and said, "Hold me!"  You then picked her up and brought her to the couch and held her for a while.

Do you see what you have done and are doing?  You are lifting my load, lightening my heart, and providing much needed happiness to some girls who really need a good man to help us out.
Thank you for being that good man and for being my sunrise after a very difficult sunset.

I love you dearly and love watching you become a better father with each passing day.





2 comments:

  1. Bless him and bless you and bless that adorable girl pouting at the end while you're at it! Love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie. You are wonderful for caring. Hope you're well. Did you find a house yet?

      Delete