July was another full month for our family this year--
This was taken at a family reunion for my mom's side of the family.
This is my Aunt Julie and Jeff. I rarely see them anymore but they were a big part of my life when I was little.
Aunt Julie, Uncle Jeff, and his granddaughter Skylee
Here's Eric's friend from our ward (the YM president that Eric serves with) putting up a sign for the neighborhood "walkabout" down at the tennis courts right below our house. This was now the 3rd time Eric and Paul were asked to take on the endeavor. They've got it down to a science now.
I have been grateful for Paul, the Young Men in our ward, and the friendships Eric has formed through those connections.
Taking a break at Wendy's on our way to the cabin at Bear Lake.
This summer I started giving Harry Dramamine to get him through the long car drives through the canyons. It's helped a little but his old age has not grown accustomed to such rides.
Millie and Ava taking a break from the long car ride.
When Eric and I arrived at the cabin (the night of July 2nd), there was a full moon overhead.
This picture does not do it justice. It was a breathtaking view.
We spent July 3rd at the beach with Grandma and Grandpa Luke (and with everyone else from Utah and Idaho, it seems.)
Millie did well until the last hour, as you can see. Mom was so helpful.
Ava takin' in some sun.
Abbey loves playing in the sand. Always coming up with one clever thing after another.
Andi has waited all year to come back to "the beach."
I am proud to say I backed the wave runners in and out by myself this time.
These were my co-pilots.
Eric got a "sweet" camera, as he would say, so now I have some lovely pictures of his to share.
Our family's retreat.
An incredible-looking bug the girls found on the wall of a fast food joint at Bear Lake.
Waiting for our lunch on the 4th of July.
My mom, dad, and I took the girls to the Paris, Idaho 4th of July parade. Here they are waiting for the show to start.
Lots of braids and lots of sun.
We got to walk inside the Paris, Idaho LDS tabernacle. As you can see, it was decorated for the 4th of July. They had a 4th of July program earlier that morning. A beautiful old building built over 100 years ago. The girls loved exploring in it.
Enjoying one of her first solid-food meals. Baby cereal with mashed up bananas. Pretty dang cute.
This open-mouthed expression is a favorite of hers.
My "Right-Hand Woman" as I like to call her.
Back home after a trip to the cabin.
Sure do love that place but I'm always glad to get home (Those trips can wear me out! Maybe someday when the kids are older it will be more relaxing.)
Ava concocted a wig for her bald-headed sister.
Another beautiful sunset on our deck captured by Eric.
One afternoon the girls and I took Connor and Noah (two of my sister Lori's boys) to Lagoon with us while she was at Girls' Camp. I sure do love them.
Here we are on the ferris wheel.
My mom being the "baby whisperer," as I like to call her.
At home in her play spot.
Cousin Chloe (my sister Leslie's only daughter) came over for a sleepover one night while Ava and Abbey were with their Zimmerman family. Eric got this shot of them on the deck. Love it.
Abbey and Ava's cousin June was baptized on July 11th, so these two ladies were lucky enough to sleepover at their cousin's and grandma's houses during that weekend of family events.
Here they are at the baptism.
This isn't a very high resolution picture so I'm keeping it small.
Here's a picture from June's baptism day. I thought this was a nice picture of the Zimmerman family.
I thought Abbey and Ava would appreciate this picture someday.
Their uncles and aunts.
It's a bittersweet picture....I know about these.
We braided Chloe and Andi's hair during their sleepover.
The annual Farmington Festival Days parade with the Luke family.
A tradition that seems to get stronger each year. We love it.
There's just no other parade like it.
It actually has some cool floats in it...A rarity for summer parades these days.
Gabe, Dad, Mom, Lori
Lori was the lucky winner of an ice cream cone at the parade :)
Daddy takin' pictures
During June's baptism weekend, Abbey got to spend time with her cousin Grace who now lives in Arizona. These two are the same age and used to spend a lot of time together when they were younger.
After this weekend, Grace came over to our house and slept over. It was fun to see that their bond is still alive.
And doesn't Abbey look so grown-up here?!
One of Millie's favorite toys....a crinkly baby book.
Again, at my mom's family reunion.
\Mom, Dad, Uncle Jeff
Eric playing frisbee with Scott and Gabe at the reunion.
That little pink head popping out in this picture was Andi's.
Eric's been meaning to have a little one-on-one time with her, so when Abbey and Ava were gone to the Zimmermans, he took her fishing.
I realize I am radically impartial, but isn't she so dang cute?!
May be my favorite shot.
They caught a fish that evening and Andi came back one happy girl.
She loves Eric and shows great need for him.
This was a bird Eric saw at a park one day.
So pretty!
My neighbors put this pool up every summer for about a month while their grandchildren are in town, so my girls were invited to join in on the fun.
Grace was here that day, too. (She's facing the garage in the background.)
She made it! Six months old and counting.
Our first trip to Lagoon-A-Beach with Millie.
The water was cold and the baby was mad.
This picture might just top my list of the funniest of Millie's expressions.
She was apparently in misery at Lagoon-A-Beach, so as soon as I put her in her stroller, she pulled her hat down over her face and started sulking and sucking on her thumb.
This girl is full of personality.
I'm not sure what all the funny poses were about, but then again, I can't say I'm ever sure about them when they're in their goofy moods.
Goofy moods=the Klein/Allen Girls of Summer!
Another fishing trip with Eric, but this time with Abbey, Ava, Jim, and James too.
Ava showing off the fish she caught
Enjoying Eric after his return home from his week-long scout trip
More Lagoon fun
Grandpa Jim, Ava, Andi, Abbey, and I went to Lagoon one afternoon while Eric got ready for his scout trip.
Here they are on the ferris wheel
Eric looks very handsome here, I think, while enjoying Miss Millie
A new outfit from Grandma Luke
Andi's summertime pal, Kate. She's the granddaughter of our neighbors.
Such a darling friend and I love her grandma.
We made sugar cookies
The girls took tennis lessons every Tuesday and Thursday evening throughout July.
Driving all three of them back and forth (at different times) just about sucked me dry.
Worth, it, though, and fun to see them learn and grow.
Hangin' out in Grandma and Grandpa Luke's backyard one evening while Eric was at scout camp.
I have many fond memories in this backyard.
Our Sleeping Beauty.
One of my favorite parts of having this girl around is coming in her room to see what she's doing in her crib. If she's asleep, she looks like a perfect little cherub. If she's awake, she'll laugh in total delight when I come in. She's such a joy!
Going to Rainbow Gardens with Grandma Luke--a family tradition for the Luke family girls. It's a restaurant up Ogden canyon and is tied to many memories for us all. I love that my girls love it as much as I have.
A shot Eric got on his scout trip
The fishermen with the young men on his trip
Andi's cousin Lizzie turned one!!! Bethany had a luau party for this cute little girl.
Always good to see our Allen family.
Lizzie and Millie...About six months apart.
Time with Dad after his scout trip
This boy was my main protector while Eric was gone at scout camp.
Although when Eric finally returned, Harry wasn't so eager to give up his position as the alpha male. ....He wouldn't let Eric get close to me! It was pretty funny.
Baby model!
Notice the socks...
Startin' her young.
The exersaucer has become her favorite place to be
Another fun afternoon with Chloe.
When these two girls get together, they are inseparable!
Hugging and laughing and tons of playing! Such girls. :)
And here are a few shots from Tracy Aviary. Eric's Dad, Jim, was in town and stayed with us for a few days, so one thing they decided to do was take the girls to Tracy Aviary. A first for the girls.






































































Such wonderful pictures Lisa. Such cute girls! Love to you all. Beverly
ReplyDeleteLisa! I love this so much, and I'm really glad you shared. ;) What fun memories....I love seeing those sisters as they bond and grow together. I'm so glad Eric took Andi fishing for a special date; it makes my heart swell with joy that she has such a wonderful Daddy to love her and be here as she grows. And I can't believe how they've all grown! They're so big!! I love you and can't wait to see you on Friday.
ReplyDelete