"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thursday, March 3, 2016

This past week has been busy, as always, although it has seemed more strenuous than others.  I've been so very tired lately and not feeling my best.  I'm really starting to feel like I'm getting older!!  Keeping up with everything around here isn't as easy as I often hope it to be.
.
Nevertheless, here are some pictures from the last week:
Playing with an old book that makes fun noise.  She's wearing cousin Chloe's old shirt!

Her last skiing lesson for the season!  This girl has rocked it.  She went on the hard lift for the last two weeks and did very well at it.  She is cautious like me and doesn't want to mess up, but she's also very conscientious and gives it her best.  She faces these hard things with much bravery and I'm so proud of her.  She looks so cute in her ski outfit too!

My dad went with me to take these girls to two out of their four skiing lessons this month.  He is a great support and knows when he's needed.  I also think he likes to be there to help encourage good life habits and activities that can help the girls in their lives.
This is a picture of us at a restaurant in Ogden canyon called Rainbow Gardens--it is a restaurant that is on our way home from skiing, and also happens to be a restaurant that my mom often loves to take us to.  My dad met us there after Abbey and Andi's last skiing lesson to help celebrate their skiing success!  Both Andi and Abbey were super excited to be treated to a good meal after a month of Friday ski lessons, and they love the place.  A win win!
I really enjoyed these skiing lessons and hope to do it each year with the girls.  It was a great experience for the girls and also a good chance for me to get on the slopes again..  I got in some good ski time and I even got to try out a new pair of skis.  Thanks Eric for tending the little ones so we could do this :)

Andi made this for Michael's grave for Valentine's Day.  I wasn't able to get it down there in time, but this week she asked me once again to go do it.  So I finally went down this week and attached it to his headstone.
It's always difficult to see these pictures, but it's also a good reminder.
We love our heavenly family members so very much.


This last Sunday had great weather so I took the girls on a bike ride down on the trail in west Farmington.  It was their first long bike ride of the year and they loved it.  We stopped by a creek and they played.

This Monday I went on a field trip with Ava and her class to the Clark Planetarium in Salt Lake.  Here we are before a 3D movie called "Flight of the Butterflies."  Loved it!  It was such a good thing to be with Ava.  So glad we did it!

Eric stayed home from work and watched Millie for me so I could go on Ava's field trip.  This picture will give you a good idea of what these two nuts were up to while I was gone.

Millie's expression in this picture captures her personality so well!  She loves to be a goofball and laugh and have fun!  Her personality just shines.  Love it!


Even though I get tired and caught up in the daily life around here, I am so grateful to be able to do what I'm doing.  I know that not every mom has these kind of opportunities to be with their children so often.  I think that as children, we all need "life coaches" to help us through--a mom being one of them.  I hope to be there in that way for our cute little ladies.


No comments:

Post a Comment