"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Friday, March 11, 2016

Friday, March 11, 2016

This past week has been full!


I wrote on article about this lady who is in my ward for our ward bulletin.  She just retired from a long-time career with USU.


My mom is home recuperating after some serious surgery, so Millie and I have spent a considerable amount of time over there lately trying to keep her company.  It gives us some extra time with my mom and dad.  And as you can see, Millie is building a good relationship with them.  The above pictures are of my dad doing "patty cake" with her.

Eric took this picture while he was on the bed with Millie.

Finally got her to eat eggs!

So far she's been a bit of a picky eater.  I do not remember Andi being that way so having a picky little baby is new to me.

The girls playing with cousins at Aunt Lori's house.  This was after my nephew, Chase's, baptism on Saturday.




This was also taken after Chase's baptism.  Here is my Grandpa Carter (my mom's dad) with all the Luke grandchildren.  A cool picture and even more meaningful these days since my Grandpa's health is not doing so well.




My Grandpa's wife, Nadene, is in this picture.  Love all these people!

Harry's 10th birthday!  March 5, 2016


I made a "Peanut Butter Apple Doggy Cake" for Harry.  He loved it, as you can see!

I took Andi and Ava with my dad and I to the Utah basketball game last Saturday night.  It's always good spending time with Grandpa Luke.  

While we were at the game, Eric took these girls out for some frozen yogurt.

I was very pleased with her hair this day.



The two above pictures were just random pictures taken after school one day, but when I looked at them, I realized how much she looks like Michael in them.  Sometimes if you catch her in certain moments in you can really see it.  Even her facial expressions are him.  So sweet.




School pictures!


I pulled out my old collection of Baby-Sitter's Club books for Abbey.  I love to see them sitting at the end of her bed!  They were my favorite when I was little.

Yes...Party time is coming

A few thoughts I wanted to journal for the week:
I found this on Pinterest or something and I loved it:


This says it so well!  Being in a blended family can be emotionally demanding and it can make you long for the kind of simplicity that does not easily come in such a situation as ours.  But we have been given much, and as I have been reminded once again this week, where much is given, much is expected.  Being a widow and a stepmom and a wife of a husband who also belongs to someone else requires me to reach deep.  Sometimes it's easier to do that than other times.  Sometimes I kick and scream along the way.  Regardless, there is certainly a part of me that feels grateful for all these soul-stretching experiences that will hopefully make me a better person--the kind of person that I often need in others.  A person who isn't perfect but a person who understands that most of us are really all just doing their best.  Someone who understands that life is mostly about just being there for each other and trying to help each other along the way.  

No comments:

Post a Comment