"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

December 2014

It is March 20, 2015, and I am barely getting to finishing this blog post from December.  But considering that I had a baby in January, I should be glad I'm getting to it now and not later!
Here are pictures from December 2014...the holiday season...along with my captions from my less than clear memory.

We "tended" Dax and Trixie at the end of November/first of December, and here's Eric enjoying Harry and Trixie.  (Trixie loves him!)

Our Elf on the Shelf was CRAZY this year!
Keep looking at all the mischief he was up to....


I spent a lot of time resting on my bed in December since it was my last month of pregnancy.  So Harry spent a lot of time on the bed too, since he's my buddy.
I like to baby him, as you can see.

The bedtime routine.

I signed up to do Andi's class bulletin board for December.
This was just about the best I could do considering my large size.  :)

One morning the elf was found in Andi's doll's vanity!

Ava takes music and here she is at her show!  She loved her music class and seemed to like Miss Karen a lot and loved the songs she learned.

My personal favorite "elf on the shelf" debacle:  He was found one morning "fishing" on the aquarium using a slice of banana as bait.

The new baby's closet....starting to panic for my lack of organization at this point.  Only just weeks left!

At least I had the pack 'n play out.

Eric has been working on some pictures for his brother James' children's book.
Eric is a wonderful artist and a great cartoonist. This one is quite amateur for him, from what I've seen from his work.  I'm proud.

The elf had a good ride and boy did the girls laugh at this one.

I found Andi listening to headphones in her room with Harry.

Hangin' out...two peas in a pod.

Apparently the elf is in construction.

Andi thought it would be good to capture me in my morning tiredness, doing her hair.
This is a typical morning scene for us...Nothing abnormal, except if you look closely you can see I am abnormally large.

The elf having a party on the bean bag with a bunch of the girl's other dolls.

As you may be able to tell from this picture, the elf is not me. I would not toilet paper the Christmas tree that I painfully decorated and would now have to painfully clean up.
(Decorating for Christmas this year, was in fact, quite painful. I don't think I can complain about the annual holiday decorating projects anymore, now that I've experienced doing it 8 and 9 months prego.)

This last fall I took Ava out to lunch each week, knowing our one-on-one time together before kindergarten each day was soon to become extinct.
Subway grew to be our lunch location of choice.  On this particular day at Subway, I had to take a picture of the braid in her hair.  It's not every day I can manage braids, ya know.  Three girls' hair plus my own tends to help me keep it simple.

More elf...this time on the baby swing.


Abbey and Andi going to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas concert with Grandpa Luke.
They met up with Lori and her family.

Our Christmas card that ended up being procrastinated until the last minute.
It would have been better had procrastination not been a factor.
There's always next year, I guess...

My dear mother-in-law Cathi has been so good to have an "A-Team/Grandma Cathi" outing each month lately.  She is so good to them....She takes them to her house to make crafts and treats, to dress up and/or watch movies.  She's been so good to them and I've been so happy to see it.  Sometimes I wish I had more time to just hang out with them like that, so it's really nice that grandparents can help fill in with that.

Harry returning from the dog groomers, complete with a holiday bow.
Side note:  Upon taking Harry to the groomers this particular time, he jumped out of the car and walked halfway home!  He clearly LOVES the place.  :/  And I clearly loved chasing him with a gigantic belly.

The elf was found in Andi's room this day...cruisin with the barbies.

One evening I took Ava with my mom and Dad to a Christmas concert in SLC.  It was for a band called "The Lower Lights."  Really loved it!  And Ava loved the individual attention.

She loves all of her grandparents, but has definitely built an affinity for my dad who will do anything for her.  :)

at Ava's music concert

Silly elf.  Getting in the way of my constant need for ice at 8.5 months pregnant

My mom holding my niece Chloe at Ava's Christmas concert



Grandma and Grandpa Zimmerman came to the show too!


Another outing to Subway.


Ava's kindergarten Christmas program



Andi's class had a day where they celebrated the countries around the world.  She dressed up as Mulan in tribute to China.

My little Mulan.  Her teacher, Miss Tueller, is always so good at taking and sending pics.

More of cute Ava dancing at her kindergarten program put on by her teacher, Mrs. Huckins.

Andi is in the school choir and is performing here for their Christmas concert.

The Farmington Elementary school choir

Andi after her performance with Grandma and Grandpa Luke and our coolest friend Kylie

Andi, Grandma Cathi, and Kylie at the front of the school

Andi's Christmas class performance in the school library.
I should add that I was late to this program and arrived in a mess of tears.
I was pregnant.
What else can I say?

My girls get these little things and church and will leave them around the house for me.  They'll make a bed and then put it on the bed or something. How I love them.

Andi with her class...Miss Tueller sent me this.

Christmas performing!

Aunt Bethany came to see Andi perform because that's an Aunt Bethany thing to do.
I sure am grateful for all Bethany does to stay involved and to care for her little Andi.
I love her so much for it.



The best day ever.
Skiing lessons!

A picture from Miss Tueller

I would not have been able to do skiing lessons without the help of my dad, who so kindly came up with me to get the girls settled in their lessons.
We took Ava with us, not for a lesson yet, but to just see what skiing is all about.
So she hung out with us in the lodge.
She loves Grandpa Luke.

I'm not sure I could love this picture any more.


Guess who we found in the lodge?! 
Santa found time to ski just days before Christmas.


Ava's kindergarten school picture.
Super cute lady!

Oh, Elf...
 
The Luke family Christmas party would not be complete without the doggies decked out in their holiday gear.
Lucy, Harry, and Zoe....

....oh, and Eric too.

Luke cousin fun


My Grandpa Royce and his wife Nadene. 

Luke Francis with Grandpa Luke


Large little Lisa with cute little Chloe

Abbey's got piano skills!  She's showin them off for the Lukes.

New jammies from Gma Luke!


Go Luke cousins

Enjoying some arcading on an outing with Eric, his dad (who was in town for Christmas), and Eric's brothers.  The girls love these outings!


And fun outings with Grandpa Klein seem to be synonymous with bowling!



Christmas Eve with the Zimmermans!


They played a white elephant game

And they got to dress up as shepards and wise men.


We made BYU scarves for Grandma and Grandpa and Eric also made that tile thing for Beverly...She brought those tiles back from Spain and he grouted them into a nice frame.  Good work!

Ah, Christmas morning!  Pajamas, messy hair, and lots of fun new toys!
Here Ava is with her new rollerblades.



Christmas morning fatigue

Playing at James and Wendi's house with Great Grandma June.  Look at that lady!  She's right on the floor playing with them.

Sponge Bob Squarepants. 
This was the gift James gave Eric.
Thank you, James, for this gift.
I can now look at this beautiful, quiet decoration while I work in the office.
Love it.  Not annoying at all.
:)

The one picture we got from the newly annual Klein/Seethaler New Year's Eve party at our home.
I cannot say I was a big participant this year as I was just about ready to pop (I ended up having the baby just three days later.)
But it was a successful party, I'd say, obviously full of fun games and laughs.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment