"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Chris' Birthday

Today my brother Chris, the oldest in our family, would be 41 years old.

I know the rest of my family feels the same when I say that he had so much potential in this life and I hate that he was taken so early. I will never forget the terrible day of his accident, but I will also never forget my memories with him.  I love him so much...He will always be my big brother that I look up to.

My sisters and I each have a frame like this given to us by Chris' friend after he died.  We put pictures in them of some of our favorite Chris memories.

Last night we gathered for a little birthday celebration in Chris' behalf.
I love seeing all the grandkids at his grave. 
He would love them all so much, and does.

This was his ski coat.  It's been hanging in my closet for years now and I can't get rid of it.  It has his Alta ski pass on it (he loved his Alta season passes), and the coat is his favorite Norwegian brand:  Helly Hansen. 

Families are forever :)

Eating Chris' favorite treat last night.

A page in my scrapbook of when Chris left on his mission.  I even kept a letter he sent me during his travels.  He's a stud.

On his mission in Norway.

Look at his impeccable handwriting.  Love it.

He was always so kind to our great Aunt Jeanne.  He took good care of her.  Perfect reflection of what kind of guy he is.



Can't wait to talk to you again, Chris.  I wish things would have turned out differently, that's for sure.  I know if you were here again I would treasure you more than perhaps I ever did when you were around.  I have often wished for your presence the past few years in my life and wished that you could be here for Andi, because I know you would have been.
  Our family is not complete without you.
Love you always :)



No comments:

Post a Comment