"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Doin' some runnin'...

Eric has been training this summer for a marathon.  He's registered for the Top of Utah marathon in September.  Each Saturday he gets up early for a long run.  He always amazes me when he comes back from those--I'm pretty sure I'd be dead after those runs, but he just continues his day like normal.  Today he ran 18...Yes, 18 miles.  I am so so so proud of him.  And I'm also glad that he finally gave in to my wishes for him to run on the main streets in our city and surrounding towns--They provide much more shade than some of the trails he's been going on.  The only time I ever see him struggle is when he has to run in this heat.  It's been quite a hot summer here, so there's been a couple of times that he's come home pretty burned out.  One Saturday we took the girls to go see the movie, "Brave," and Eric had been on one of his long runs that morning.  During the movie, he had to get up and run to the bathroom so he could puke.  Ha ha.  Poor baby.  Just goes to show you how hard core he's been.  P.s. I totally loved "Brave."  So cute and actually taught some good things.

Here Eric is with his Ragnar "tattoo."  He ran the race with Lori, Gabe, Scott, Scott's dad, and some others.  So proud.  Right when he came home from the two-day affair, he joined in Abbey's birthday party.

Scott bein' a goof on the course.

Scott's dad, Lee, goin' strong up a hill.  He's the man.

We ran a fun "family" 5k race in Kaysville on the 4th of July.

The cute runner on the left is Andi.  I wish I would have equipped her with better running gear that day--I didn't know she was going to want to run like she did.  She wanted to run with the rest of us, and she did such a good job.
Scott and Eric ran the Bear Lake half marathon together on June 9th.  They did great and it was fun to see 'em do it together.

Abbey Lynne runnin right behind Aunt Leslie.  So cute.
Me, Andi, and Ava runnin' hard at the Kaysville race on July 4th.
Bear Lake Half Marthon, Baby!

Cheerin' on Eric and Scott in Bear Lake
Eric ran the Bair Gutsman race on August 4, 2012.  Here he is at the top of the mountain, Baby!

Right by the water towers at the top of the mountain in Farmington.  Hard core!

Abbey's showing the medal we made for Eric for runnin the Bair Gutsman

At the finish line!

All the girls were happy to see him...in spite of the sweat and dirt all over him!  (Who wouldn't be dirty and sweaty after a race like that?!)  I'm so proud of him for doing this race, and he got a pretty cool shirt for it, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment