"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Sunday, February 26, 2017

February 2017

Millie's starting to sit at the counter with the girls at dinnertime.  A cute sight:

Enjoying some cute crowns from Grandpa Ron and Grandma Joann that they sent us for Valentine's Day:

Eating lunch at the school with the ladies.  I brought them smoothies and we had a picnic in the hall: 


Tending Bo and sorting Froot Loops.  I should say I was the one sorting while they ate them: 

The girls playing with Millie: 

I know I probably shouldn't include this but it makes me laugh so much.  Millie definitely hasn't mastered the potty yet, but she's enjoying copying us!

Abbey's latest drawing.  She's super excited for the new Beauty and the Beast movie to come out: 


Abbey playing with Millie.  She's such a good big sister: 


Enjoying a Utah basketball game with Grandpa: 


 Millie playing with Abbey's hair:

She is so good at keeping me company while I do my morning dishes.  I know someday I'll miss having this little shadow around. 

Flowers for Valentine's Day.  My favorite. 

After getting out of the shower one morning, this is what I found.  She pulled her chair into the hall, got her blanket, and a few books to read.  :) 


My effort at spoiling my ladies on Valentine's Day.  You wouldn't think it'd be too hard dipping strawberries in chocolate, but come to find out, I have a few things to learn. 

Enjoying Valentine's Day by helping with a party in Andi's classroom: 

This was my Valentine's Day surprise from Eric.  100 love notes from Eric all. around. the. house.  
It made for a pretty fun week of finding sweet messages.
Well, some of them were sweet.  Some of them were ridiculous.  Some were funny.  All of them made up a great and memorable Valentine's. :) 


 I went on a little trip to St. George/Las Vegas with my sisters and mom.  As I was getting ready to leave, I couldn't help but capture these sweet faces as they were eating dinner.  So dang cute! 


Sharing a hotel room with Lydia, Lori, Leslie, and my mom :) 




A shot from the Parade of Homes in St. George.  This was my favorite accessory I found.  Love that gold is the "in" thing right now, and love the painting. 
Another favorite from the Parade of Homes.  A family tree wall: 

 We went to a play called "Finding Neverland" in the outskirts of Las Vegas.  

And we stayed at the Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas for a night.  Kind of dumb, but still a nice getaway. 


Back home at the Griffin's house helping to celebrate my nephew Chase's birthday: 

 Looking at the girl's footsteps after they left for school one snowy morning:


My company keeper: 

Enjoying a fun dinner at Rainbow Gardens after their last day of skiing lessons this year: 

Abbey loved this window decor as it was filled with owls and the color yellow!: 


At one point this month, my mom had a bad fall on the ice and broke her ankle.  While the break could have been much worse, it was another reminder (not that I've needed it) that my parents are getting older.  We had a Relief Society meeting on how to deal with aging parents and even though I'm on the younger end of things, my parents are not, so it hit me hard.  I hope and pray my kids will remember their grandparents and I desperately hope I can help give them a good life during their sunset years.  

As I mentioned above, I was able to do an unprecedented thing this month and go on a short little vacation with my mom and sisters.  It is unprecedented because I haven't left the kids for days at a time before, nor have I spent a lot of time with my sisters the past few years.  We are all so busy.  
The break taught me a few things.  One, that I need more breaks.  :)  Seriously, I think I achieve chronic fatigue status quite a bit in my life.  That is a habit I believe I have built out of survival after losing Michael.  My task-oriented life has been a helpful way to live in many ways, but my body is suffering because of it.  I somehow have to find a way to let myself sit sometimes, for crying out loud.  
I was also reminded that as my family and I have grown older and our lives have become more complicated, our relationships with each other might require a bit more effort, thoughtfulness, and sensitivity.  Regardless, with each additional experience I have with growing familial relationships, I am reminded what a great environment our families provide to help us complement each other with our differences, learn from other people's perspectives, and be a team because of these efforts.  God's plan, I guess.  

The girls' school had parent-teacher conferences this month.  With that experience in mind and just to give an update on the girls, here's what they've been up to:

Abbey:  This girl is a force of strong ability and good habits.  She is reading at an 8th grade level and has recently discovered the joy of cuddling up to a good book...each and every night.  Her school teacher this year has followed the same pattern as the others and has developed "Abbey love."  I cannot blame them.  She makes your day easier.  She is very competent.  She wants to please.  
With her piano, she is participating in the AIM and Federation programs, so she is busy with that.  She has been doing skiing lessons with Andi on Friday afternoons and has become a regular on the "hard hill" at Nordic Valley.

Andi:  This little lady continues to be a wonderful source of fun and delight.  She loves her friends, stories, skiing, interacting with others, and she also loves church.  She bore a very eloquent testimony this month (if I do say so myself), all without my encouragement or help.  She shows a sensitivity to the spirit and the people around her.  She is caring and kind and loves to laugh at her new favorite show:  Barbie's Dreamhouse.  Sounds like a typical girl show, but it's actually hilarious and it's so fun hearing her laugh to it.  I see Michael in her every day.  She has also increased her reading score by leaps and bounds this year, which I am over the moon about.  One of my favorite things she says lately is when she goes up to Eric and says:  "Throw me in the air like you just don't care!" and puts her arms out.  So funny.  What a goof.

Ava:  This lady is doing well in second grade.  Her teacher this year has been so good for her.  She always keeps up very well in school.  She is enjoying karate (she received her blue belt this month), and she has started to enjoy more play dates with friends on the weekends, which is so fun to see.  She likes being involved in occupational therapy (no lie) and she has enjoyed and progressed with our homework tasks we have to do with that.  Her front teeth are growing in and she's getting taller!  It has been funny to see her and Millie start getting annoyed with each other as they've learned how to push each other's buttons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment