"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Friday, November 1, 2013

Eric's 36th Birthday

 
Posted by Picasa
Here's a sneak peak into what we did for Eric's b-day.  He turned 36 this year...Pretty crazy!
We took him to his favorite restaurant (Crown Burger), he got a new phone, an iPod docking station, and my family came over on the Sunday before his birthday to help celebrate.  He isn't a cake fan, so we had banana splits instead.  Fun times!
I know--and I'm discovering for myself--that birthdays aren't as fun when you get older.  Particularly because the thought of being another year older is a grave reminder that your days left are getting fewer.  However, I'm still a firm believer that your life is worth celebrating, and that birthdays are that perfect opportunity to do so.  So, Eric--happy birthday!  I celebrate you because you have given my life another redemptive chance of happiness.  You have given my daughter another dad.  You keep me company.  You make me laugh.  You tolerate Harry's nightly snoring.  (sort of)
Thanks for giving me so many reasons to celebrate.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment