"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

"The love of family is life's greatest blessing."

Saturday, July 13, 2013

July 2013, so far

It has been an eventful month so far.  So much so that I want to share the pictures now instead of waiting 'til the end of the month...Too much has happened to wait! 
 
On July 3rd, Andi and I went to the Real Salt Lake soccer game with the Allen family.  Isaac works for the team and he got us tickets.  I was pleasantly surprised at how much Andi and I loved it.  I totally want to go again!  It was a super fun atmosphere and a good way to spend time with our fam. 
Andi and Grandma Cathi

Cathi and handsome Isaac, on the job.  (He's single, people.)

Andi and Aunt Bethany...Andi's favoritest aunt ever.

They put fireworks off after the game and they were AMAZING!  It was an incredible show and Andi was totally dumbfounded.  She loved them, just like her daddy always did.

Abbey and Andi at Uncle James' house for his birthday party.  Aunt Wendi gave Abbey a belated birthday gift--a new Monster High doll!  Aunt Wendi knows what's up, to be sure.

Ava and her cousin Devan at Uncle Mel's house on the 4th of July. 
 

Andi's first sparkler experience at Uncle Mel's house.


Eric having WAY too much fun playing with fireworks with his brothers and cousins.

This family has some serious firework traditions.


Visiting Ron and Joann.  Grandma Joann was helping Andi with a necklace.
Ron and Joann will be moving to Montana soon (Ron's already there), so this was quite possibly our last visit to see them in their Orem house.  Lots of memories at that house.  It will be an adjustment not having them around.

Ron packing up for his next trip back up to Montana.  Notice the Montana license plate.  It's official!


Kickin' it "hula style" at James' "luau" birthday party.  I know, I'm a sexy lady.

Okay, really....Is there anything cuter?

Grandpa Jim and Great Grandma Klein stayed with us for a couple of days during their annual trip up to Utah from Arizona.  We took them with us to the Living Planet Aquarium.  Above and below are pictures of our adventures there.  I think some of our favorites there included the sharks, the sting ray you could touch, and the penguins.
We also took Jim and June with us to see "Despicable Me II", which I think is safe to say is our new family favorite. 

Looking at the fish with Grandma Klein. 









We went out to dinner with Eric's family one night.  This is a typical shot of what Andi and Eric do together.

Yep, a typical scene.




At home, visiting with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Klein, the night before they left to go back home.

Great Grandma Klein, Andi, Ava, Grandpa Jim, and Abbey.  Notice how sweet and loving they are with the girls.  So neat and kind.

Chillin'...Watchin' a little of the Sprout channel.

I put great effort into these dang bingo cards, so I had to take a picture of them.  Joseph Smith bingo for family night. 
It's actually been kind of a "Joseph Smith Month" for our family since we gave talks on him, taught the girls about the First Vision for "Family Home Evening," and then played this game.  Eric is reading a Joseph Smith biography and it sure has sparked a lot of thought and conversation amongst he and I.  We hope to go to the church history library next week to see some of the artifacts we learned about while preparing for our talk.  Looking forward to the day we can all go back to the church history sites together.  I'll never forget going to those places with my mom. 
Our church's history is certainly an interesting topic to study, and in spite of all the imperfections and frailties of our first leading prophets and leaders, my testimony of this church stands strong.  I am so grateful we have access to a perfect Gospel that was made for all of us imperfect people.
 

Lori went to girls camp this past week, so between my sister and mom and I (along with Lori's in-laws), we watched her boys for her all week.  We took them all to a movie and between my mom, all the Luke cousins (including our girls), Leslie, and I, we just about filled the entire row.  So fun.  Sure do love these kids.

This last week we drove up to Logan to visit with Uncle Daniel, Aunt Laura, Maelee, and their new baby boy, Leif Michael Allen.  Above is Andi playing in Maelee's room.

Andi, Abbey, Maelee, Laura, and Leif.

Abbey and Maelee having tons of fun.
 
I walked away from that visit feeling several things:  For one thing, I had a tinge of that dull ache that I sometimes feel when I'm with Michael's family, for I feel his void more there than a lot of places.  It's not always easy seeing life go on without him and "us." 
But, on the other hand, I also felt a lot of gratitude to continually spend time with the Allen family and watch them grow.  It's an awesome thing to see Daniel and Laura's family develop.  Daniel and Laura have overcome a lot and I'm proud of them for all they continually accomplish and become.  I was so happy they gave Leif the middle name of Michael.  I know if Michael were here he'd be so proud of that kid, and I'm sure he's proud of him still. 
In addition, I was feeling that oh-so-common wish inside of me that I could clone myself and therefore be able to do and be so much more.  For instance, I wish I could spend more time with all the seriously awesome four families that we have.  Even though I know I can't, I am reminded of my belief in the strength and bonds of a family and I hope to always honor the bonds I have with all the wonderful family members I have in my life. 
One thing's for sure, little Maelee has got to spend more time with the girls!  They had super fun together.
 

While Lori was at Girls Camp this week, her little Noah got to spend a whole day with us.  Holy crap, I love that kid.  He was an angel all day long and I was so proud of my girls for doting on him like they did.  Abbey especially was super sweet towards him.  She's a good little mama.


Running in circles around the house.

Water day in our backyard with Noah and the Francises.

We got to watch Lori's dog, Molly, too.  She was running like a crazy woman around the yard.



 

The girls in the toy room with Bethany's baby girl, Gigi.  We got to watch Gigi for a few hours this week while Grandma Cathi had physical therapy.  She's a spaz and so cute!

Andi the rock star.
 

The coolest half-marathoner EVER!  So proud of Eric for running this half in Farmington today.  Life's been busy and tiring lately, but he still stayed committed to this race.  He made it in a decent amount of time, and we were there to greet him at the finish line!

Telling the girls to finish the race with him.

There they go...

Wondering when he can run his next race...

My absolute favorite annual activity of the year:  The Farmington Festival Days parade.  Love love love it.

The boy Luke cousins.

Here's Miss Katie and all three of our girls somewhere in the crows, following her lead!  The girls had dance camp the past two weeks to prepare for their performances in this parade.  So fun.

 
With Eric in their dance outfits, right before the parade, in front of the Farmington fire station.





Lori, Grandpa Luke, Gabe, and Noah at the parade.  The house in the picture is a house on main street that I've been watching them remodel.  Love those neat houses on Main.



Harry enjoying the parade.

The fam.


Gabe talking to his old Davis High band teacher...An old colleague of mine.  Awesome to see how great these schools and teachers are in our community.

An actual float.  Don't see many of those in parades anymore.

It got rainy.

Towards the right, Abbey, Andi, and Chloe dancing their way through the parade.

Look at Abbey's moves!

Abbey was a little nervous at the beginning of the parade, but she got right into it once the parade started.

Andi girl was a good mover as well.  She and Abbey took their dancing seriously and it was fun to see.  Andi fell down on the last block of the parade and she got a bloody knee.  She was super brave, and besides that little fall, I think they had fun. 

Ava got to ride in the trailer and wave her wand.  I don't think it was an easy task for her to ride all that way, but she did it!  Cute to see her face.


 
Love the Farmington Festival Days.  Good job on your race, Eric, and good job to my girls who danced their hearts out!  :)


3 comments:

  1. Congrats to Eric on another half marathon finish! Looks like the first half of July has been packed with fun for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! And I'm talking about Eric at the half marathon. The pictures of the little girls were even cuter! Loved the blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks so fun!! I've always loved Andi's Aunt Bethany too! I graduated from DHS the same year she did. I got to know her when I was on the Sophomore Committee or something. I love her name, too. My daughter's middle name is Bethany. It looks like Andi is a natural at being in a parade! I love all the red and the pom poms. It looks like you guys have had some fun!

    ReplyDelete