It was an eventful April in the Klein/Allen household. We moved to south Farmington and started anew at our new address. Here are a few pics of the adventures along the way:
![]() |
| Here's Andi at Connor's baptism. She loves this dress. (Along with every fancy dress, since she is a princess.) |
![]() |
| Grandpa, Luke, Connor, and Andi at the Griffins for Connor's baptism luncheon. Fun seeing Connor get baptized, and I can't believe he's so old. He loves to wear this cute "coon" hat wherever he goes. |
![]() |
| One day in April we got to tend Gigi for an afternoon. We loved it! Andi loves being Gigi's older cousin. |
Here is a picture of our new backyard. Perfect shot of the pretty spring blooms.
The project of the month: (Or should I say the Project of the Next Five Years) Eric had to redo our new yard's sprinkler system so as to accomodate the new fence. It ended up being a serious pain trying to get that fence in, but ended up being a pretty good sport about it. Especially since a big reason I wanted it was to keep dogs in. (dogs are Eric's favorite.)
I made a yummy new recipe: Cinnamon Roll cake. Look at those swirls! Loved it.
Putting the fence in.
Notice the new sprinkler line next to the fence posts.
Little Ava one morning outside our new house. Actually, if you look closely, you may see that this little girl has actually shown some growth as of late. She hasn't grown very much at all this last year, so I've been happy to see her growing at least a little. So far she's a cute, petite little girl.
Andi enjoying the new bike routes at the new house.
Ava having fun at Abbey and Andi's soccer games.
Andi resting after her first game of soccer.
Abbey (#17), her team, and her coach on the right. Go "Cheetahs!"
Abbey's best friend McKenzie is on her soccer team. As a result, we sit by McKenzie's family a lot. Here is Noah, McKenzie's baby bro.
Goofball.
Such a good picture. I caught her laughing and being a goof, so I got that darling authentic smile.
Soccer, at this point for Andi, is much more about wearing the fun uniform and doing your hair cute.
Abbey throwing the ball in.
Getting ready for a game.
Harry retiring to bed for the evening. This is his new nightly bed. (Not my and Eric's bed anymore...He's getting to be such a herendous snorer.)
Grandpa and his girls. He's so good to us.
Ava has really started to warm up to Grandpa Luke.
Andi with her coach.
New carpet and freshly painted kitchen cupboards.
Ava helping pull out the old carpet.
Eric doing another project...Pulling out the old carpet for the next day's install.
More pictures of our afternoon with Gigi.
It was a busy month. These pictures nowhere near capture the work that has gone into every day as we've moved from one house to another. So glad it was just across town!...We were able to just take a couple of loads a day until the final moving day came. My family was so awesome about helping us on final moving weekend. We had a lot of great help. Most of all, Eric made it happen. He worked super hard not only in the moving process, but even to get our old house in great condition for the new owners. He's got some serious muscle power and a lot of handywork skills. He's always so good about just getting 'er done. So grateful I can say my husband has that enviable quality. He's productive and ambitious, and I appreciate that more than I can say.
I was so grateful we found buyers for the old house, even though it was hard to leave. I'll really miss seeing my friends there as much as I did, and I hope we can keep up the playdates and get-togethers. I also hope we can eventually build up a group of friends at our new place.
The girls were quite patient and flexible during the busy moving time. They've adjusted well to the new home and approach the change with optimism. (Maybe it's because we bribed them with a tramp and possibly a bunny...but who knows? :))




































No comments:
Post a Comment