It's pretty cool when you can say that you have found love twice in your life. I know we're just startin' out, but it hasn't taken long for me to see and feel of Eric's goodness. There's many reasons to ennumerate his goodness:
- He's a family man and he really seems to enjoy his time with his family. He is so good about spending time with the girls and spending time with me.
- He's not a complainer. He does things with calmness and grace, without focus on the negative, the uncomfortable, or the inconvenient.
- He clearly wants to do what's best for his girls and he's committed to learning, growing, and seeking out the best life for his family.
- He treats me with such respect.
- He's eager to please.
- He works hard at his job. He's persistent in arriving each and every day at 7 a.m. to work. He works long hours if he has to. (He's especially had to work long hours during the past few months while his company has been working on the downtown SLC Citycreek job.)
- He's hilarious. People don't know him are always taken off guard by his quiet demeanor that randomly makes funny, off-the-cuff comments.
- He's so easy to be around. I think that's one of the first qualities I noticed about him. It's just so enjoyable being in his company...he's easy-going, fun to talk to, and he's a great listener.
- He works hard at taking good care of his body and he makes it a priority. He eats well and always makes time for runs or lifts.
- He's been trying to be very pragmatic with the girls and he can be a very effective teacher and disciplinarian.
- He has good taste. Usually when we shop (for clothes, cars, etc.) we have the same opinion. I like that. So, if he agrees with me, he obviously has good taste. :)
- He's great at taking time for "us" and taking me out on the weekends.
- He can be a mysterious guy sometimes...He's slow to warm up to people, and I appreciate that. I'm enjoying watching him get to know my family and friends because at first everyone thinks he's ultra quiet. Little do they know of his funny personality, quick-wittedness, strong opinions, and underplayed determination.
- Along the same lines, he's not a pretentious fellow at all and I absolutely love that. He isn't out to play any social games. He doesn't brown-nose. He's just genuine.
- He is gentle and kind.
- He is wonderful with the girls. He talks in funny voices for them. He plays games with them, chases them, hugs them, and isn't afraid to talk to them and be present.
- He makes a great effort to work on his relationship with Andi and it doesn't go unnoticed. It's a tricky situation. He's good about contuining to work at it and it makes me so happy to see Andi finding a father in him. I couldn't ask for a better man to fill those shoes.
- He makes a great effort to work on his relationship with Harry. I'm pretty sure he's felt the same way about Harry as Ava has. :) But he tries harder and harder. He'll tolerate his licks and he'll rub him and talk to him in a funny voice. He's trained Harry to go potty outside while being tied up, which is a big thing for Harry.
- He's patient with my lack of punctuality and occasional tired moods. :)
- He continues to love me while also letting me love Michael. I know from experience that isn't the easiest sometimes. When you love someone, you want them for your own. That's why we're so lucky to have each other. I love that we go to each other's "cemeteries" and it's okay.
- He prays with me and the girls every night before dinner and before bed. He's consistent about it and encourages us to do so. I love that.
- He lets me be me.
- He supports me and my close relationship with my family.
- He lets me be a clean freak.
- Along the same lines as his easy-going attitude, he's made it so easy to adjust to marriage with. Easy to love, full of love, and kind, while still being manly, hard-working, and tough. :)
- He's totally respectful of Sheri and her memory. He continues to honor and respect her.
I could go on and on, but that's for later.
As far as how he's doing lately, I think he's good. Work has kept him for very long hours lately, so he's had a lot to balance.
We traded in my Jeep for a truck for him. I'm so glad he got a truck...It will be useful and I think he was excited about it. He looks pretty tough in it and I like that. :) It made sense getting it because we didn't need two SUV's. We especially didn't need the Jeep because it was pretty squishy in the backseat with the girls' carseats.
He's been working hard in his spare time at organizing the garage and working on all the stuff I ask him to do. :)
And just like me, he's working hard at trying to be a parent and a newlywed at the same time.
So grateful for him.
Love you, Eric. :)
 |
| At Snow Canyon at St. George during our honeymoon. |
 |
| Livin' the good life. |
 |
| He threw me a little "party" for my 30th birthday. |
 |
| Say good-bye to my Jeep. Loved this car. If you look closely, you can see the back of Eric's new truck on the bottom right. |
 |
| Throwing Andi on the bean bag. :) |
 |
| A common sight in our home--Harry trying to "kiss" Eric. |
 |
| Harry pushed Eric down the couch so he could sit by Eric while Eric took a nap. Eric's a pretty good sport. :) |
 |
| I love this man, and I love him in this suit. So handsome. |
No comments:
Post a Comment